Well I’m off to see the new Avengers Assemble film tonight (I know, I’m such a geek but I’m REALLY excited) and I wanted a casual outfit with a bit of something special, just because I like to take every opportunity possible to test out something that might come in useful for my week at Elle (eek!)
So, I’m wearing my old, trusted friend, my green lumber jack shirt from topshop that I bought about three years ago, I think it was £35 at the time, but don’t take my word for it!
Also, a pair of kick-flare jeans I got in the sale at New Look (ten quid, bargain!).
Then there’s the final touch, layered jewelry. It’s a trend I really love and its something that flits in and out of the fashion universe quite often. Usually its gold jewelry with dainty pendants piled up on gorgeous models. I think that fake gold looks cheap, they all come in different shades so next to each other its obvious they’re more H and M than tiffanys. So, silver is the answer, plus it gives a modern, young feel to a look that could become old and dated if not careful.
My top tip? Keep your look casual. This is not a look to be paired with an evening gown and over-the-top make-up! I’ve got a natural face with a bit of smokey eyeliner. Keep hair casual and only layer in one area. So don’t wear ten rings and a bunch of necklaces as well. I’m wearing three necklaces and a pair of dainty earrings with my hair slightly backcombed but overal tousled and relaxed.
You want to look like you just decided, what the heck, I can’t pick, let’s wear all my necklaces today!
Here’s the pics!!
Hope you like,
- Jewelry Essentials – Learning Guide – Helzberg Diamonds (helzberg.com)
- Do You Backcomb Your Hair? (bellasugar.com)
- Jewelry Ideas – Necklaces (bigweddingsmallbudget.wordpress.com)
- Runway Looks for Less: Balmain Spring 2012 RTW (collegefashion.net)
- Photoblog: 050912 || Fashion Kills (winniewrites.wordpress.com)
- Make A Statement (pearlslace.wordpress.com)
- Ring Around the Roses…. (nerdygirlshops.wordpress.com)